The Alpine Linux Project is pleased to announce Alpine Linux 3.3.0, the first release in v3.3 stable series.
The ISO images have been renamed. Current images are now:
- alpine (previously ‘alpine-mini’). Minimalisitic boot media for network access.
- alpine-vanilla (same as before). Same as ‘alpine’ but with vanilla kernel.
- alpine-extended (previously ‘alpine’). Same as ‘alpine’ but with slightly more packages available in the repository. Handy where network access is limited.
- alpine-xen (same as before). Boot media for Xen Dom 0.
- alpine-rpi (same as before).
- alpine-uboot (same as before). General ARM image.
Some of the new features are:
- linux 4.1 kernel
- gcc 5.3.0 / musl 1.1.12
- New repository named community
- mariadb 10.1
- Xen 4.6
- perl 5.22
- isohybrid boot images
- refactored initramfs.
alpine_devboot option no longer needed and better support for cryptroot, lvm, mdadm.